Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Fall Art/ Special Friends Day




About a month ago my VP asked that I decorate the school for our Special Friends Day. ( Special Friends Day meaning the big Thanksgiving dinner)

The previous art teacher before me held this job every year- and did so with much grace. Apparently she held an interior decorating job on the side. She made these elaborate table center pieces for every lunch table in the cafeteria.
So with little notice- I stepped up the challenge with the help of my friend- the girl that shares this blog with me.


We decided that I should hang as much Student Art as Possible- so here are a few example lesson plans below:
Grade K Fall Relief Prints
Students use a brayer and block printing ink and we make a leaf print on small 8x10 paper.
Then students filled up the negative space around the leaves with color and patterns.


Grade 4 Pumpkin Still Lifes
Students study light source /shadow/overlapping/ blending and use unusual colors to create 3-d effects.




I asked one of my second grade to create fall trees using the same ideas as the pumpkins.


1 comment:

Van Go Here said...

the trees and pumpkins look so realistic!