Search This Blog

Saturday, November 17, 2007

I Heart First Graders





I heart my first graders! They are so funny. I wouldn't trade working with children for working with adults ever! First of all, when the first graders wrote, in their classrooms, what they like best about school, half of them picked art as their favorite! That's pretty much becaused I loved them all when they were in kindergarten. We were making masks the other day and looking at examples on the t.v. through powerpoint. I had up a mask from Africa with horns and stripes. Everyone had their idea what kind of animal this mask represented. "A Zebra!" one shouted out. "A ram," "A deer with antlers!" other students shouted. Then one blonde haired blue eyed little girl called out "it's a cantaloupe!" Clearly she meant antelope!

No comments: