Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Mr. Seahorse Grades k-2





From time to time I may post art lessons. I promise these will be quick and painless! :)
This lesson was taken from Eric Carle's Mr. Seahorse. A book that teaches about male species of fish that take care of their babies. Great book- allows for student predictions and some of the text is repeated so that students can read along.

I taught this lesson to students ages k-2.
First I introduce the book- then I instruct students on how to draw a seahorse using the shape of the letter S. The next class- we read the book and then students add their own sea animals/ fish to their oceans. We draw/color our animals with crayons and use watercolor over the negative space. When using watercolors/tempera - I ask them not to use any gray, white, brown or black.



(grade k example)

No comments: