Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2007

Over extended.. but can I complain?


This morning as I arrived to school I noticed huge boxes labeled Blick Art Supplies in the Media Center. Large boxes mostly filled with paper and tempera paints and even real water color paper... all for me.. I mean .. my students. My first school was not as fortunate. I worked on a budget of about 32 cents a student and often times found myself in the dumpster behind Michael's. (Which I think is illegal)

Looking back on it- we were able to survive just fine. My kids still made good art- just not on real watercolor paper.

Found out today that I didn't receive the Junior League Grant. Is it better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all? I think no - not in this case.
PS. Six thirty minute kindergarten classes in a row on a "dress as your favorite book character, which really means wear your old Halloween Costume Day" Friday ..... should be illegal!


No comments: