Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sometimes all you need is a compliment...even if it makes you nervous


So - every now and then I run into my principal. This encounter always makes me nervous. I guess every since childhood I have had a fear of being called to the Principal's office.. and now the principal is my boss.. which is even more scary at times.
What makes me really nervous- is that I really respect her. I like how she runs the school- she is a great leader.
All that aside...
She gives me the best compliments... and sometimes that is all the motivation I need.
It lets me know she approves/ appreciates the work I do with the kids.
This being my first year at my new school- I sometimes feel that I am going to disappoint the staff- sometimes I wince at the idea of compliments because I don't know if the next art lessons will live up to their predecessors. ...
I think I need to chill out.
It is good to be appreciated- and everyone needs verbal praise now and then. ;)

No comments: